This press-fit version is designed for inverted (overhead) use and is commonly used for propagation or boosting humidity in a greenhouse. Our Greenhouse Misting Kit (KGRN) includes press-fit Tornado Misters and all of the parts needed to water a small greenhouse.
Average droplet size is 140 microns.
Press-Fit Tornado Misters do not go directly into the supply line. They require press-fit adapters to connect them to the supply line.
A threaded version for upright use which can be installed directly into tubing is also available.
- Operating pressure range: 20 - 60 PSI
- Flow rate: 4 GPH at 20 PSI, 5.5 GPH at 40 PSI
- Must use press-fit adapters to install this press-fit mister
To install the Press-Fit Tornado mister and anti-drip device into poly tubing:
- Use a punch to make a 1/4" hole in the poly tubing.
- Assemble the press-fit components before inserting into tubing.
- To assemble: connect the threaded end of the anti-drip device (MEAD) to the press-fit mister or sprinkler (Tornado Mister, Ein Dor, or Wing Sprinkler). Then connect the press-fit side of the anti-drip device to the press-fit barb (MEBARB).
- Insert the barbed end of the press-fit barb into the hole punched in the poly tubing.
To install the Press-Fit Tornado Mister and anti-drip device into PVC pipe:
- Drill a 7/16" hole into 3/4" or larger PVC pipe, use a bit that will not shatter PVC (GROMDRILL).
- Insert the grommet (MEGRO) into the hole.
- Assemble the press-fit components before inserting into PVC pipe.
- To assemble: use the press-fit coupler (MECPL) to connect the anti-drip device (MEAD) to the press-fit mister or sprinkler (Tornado Mister, Ein Dor, or Wing Sprinkler).
- Thread the anti-drip device into the grommet.