This fitting is used to connect 5/8" drip tape to mainline tubing. Simply punch a hole in the mainline tubing, connect the drip tape to the tape end of the fitting and insert the barbed end into the punched hole.
To create a tight seal, be sure tape is warm and pliable before attaching the 5/8" start fittings (/ ) and end fittings ( / ). If leakage continues to occur, a 1/4 turn with pliers should suffice.
This fitting allows a flow of 80 GPH at 10 PSI.
The barb on this fitting is slightly larger than the a standard 1/4" barb. Use theor to make the appropriate sized hole for this fitting. Does not connect to 1/4" tubing.
By Jessica on 4/29/2019
- These are so easy to use.
By Sydni on 6/29/2018
- Needed some extras to go with my medium drip kit. These were exactly what I thought I was ordering and work just like the ones that came with the kit, so I am pleased :)
By James on 6/27/2018
We have Dripwork's equipment installed in about 1 acre veggie garden and a small orchard. Now that I am 78 year's old and disabled one part time garden worker does it all. I am looking forward to brain surgery in the hope that I will be able to return to a more active life.
By Michael on 6/5/2018
The products are great as well as the service. This is my second year installing the drip irrigation on my berry farm. So far I have almost two miles of drip line installed and it all works great. I've ordered products from DripWorks a number of times only once was there a minor problem with an order and when I used the online chat service the issue was resolved in maybe two minutes. I can strongly recommend DripWorks to others because of the quality and service I've received.
The products are a breeze to work with and hold up well. I believe they will last many years without needing to be serviced.
By Joe on 5/22/2018
- Item came as advertised- I have ordered the same type before and I'm glad the style has not changed, very pleased
By Amy on 5/20/2018
- Very easy to assemble and works well. I think I like the medium flow a bit better for my raised beds.
By Jessica on 3/6/2018
- These are very easy to install. They work great and do their job.
By Lynn on 6/21/2017
The barb connection has really made gardening in my raised bed very easy. No more struggling.
Thanks for a great product!
By Mark on 6/8/2013
- These connectors need design improvements. They are very hard to work with, and the tape does not stay securely over the barb. The connector nut seems to push the tape back on the barb to the point that it barely is over the bell.