This fitting has a shutoff valve which can be used to turn off an individual line of drip tape. Simply punch a hole in the mainline tubing, connect the drip tape to the tape end of the fitting and insert the barbed end into the punched hole.
To create a tight seal, be sure tape is warm and pliable before attaching the 5/8" start fittings (LSB/LSBSO) and end fittings (LSGS/LSPLUG). If leakage continues to occur, a 1/4 turn with pliers should suffice.
This fitting allows a flow of over 80 GPH at 10 PSI.
Use this fitting to shut off an individual line of drip tape. The barb on this fitting is slightly larger than the a standard 1/4" barb. Use the Yellow Handle Punch or Miracle Punch to make the appropriate sized hole for this fitting. Does not connect to 1/4" tubing.
By Martin on 4/18/2019
- Yay! All the high quality barbs!
By Deborah A on 12/25/2018
- I like the ability to turn water on or off where needed. A valve on each tape allows me flexibility to conserve water.
By Nao on 7/13/2018
- These are very useful. I have control over which lines to open and shut.
By Mici on 4/5/2018
Love these. I put one on every drip
line to better regulate my watering. They’re easy to reuse and hold up well, which makes them economical!
By David on 3/23/2018
- Great product,I can control each drips tape as needed.
By Juanita on 9/3/2017
- I love these, and was short a few so I placed my order and received it right away!
By Steve on 6/29/2017
- Works great
By Beth on 4/1/2014
- Love these valves!
By Cheri Lambert on 3/26/2014
- I switched to these this season and I love them. I can control the flow or make repairs easily with just a turn of the green valve!
By Matthew Powell on 3/10/2014
- these are great! every t-tape line gets one of these so I can customize the water needs of each bed of plants.