How do I begin planning my system?

Our website contains a wealth of information, including videos, a free drip planning guide, and a gallery of plans.

As drip irrigation "newbie," what is the best way to get started?

We recommend you try one of our complete Drip Irrigation Kits. We also suggest that you watch our "How to videos" and look through the resources available at

What is the best product(s) to use to water a large vegetable garden?

Drip Tape is most commonly used in large vegetable gardens with straight rows. Use Pressure Compensating Emitter Tubing (DET) for gardens with sloped or uneven terrain, great for its longevity and its ability to be installed where curves are desired.

Can I use drip emitters or micro-sprayers on my lawn?

Due to the minimal flow release of emitters and micro-sprayers, they should not be used on lawns. We suggest using conventional pop-up sprinklers.

When is the use of spray preferable to drip emitters?

Spray is beneficial when planting seeds that are spaced very close, or broadly scattered. It is also a less expensive way to distribute water over larger beds of low-growing ground covers and other plantings. Plants that like water on their leaves do well with spray; for those that do not use drip. Consult your local nursery for specifics.

How far apart should I space inverted misters in my greenhouse?

Typically, you want to space them at their radius distances so that one sprayer shoots to the base of the next sprayer for "head to head" coverage.

Can I mix spray with drip within the same system?

It is possible to mix spray with drip, but managing the needs of different plants takes some attention to detail. Watering times may vary, using individual battery-operated timers or electronic timer with valves on each sub zone to automate your system will help.

Can I convert a sprinkler system into a drip irrigation system?

Absolutely! Typically, you will need an adapter, filter, and pressure regulator for each drip zone. For more information see Sprinkler to Drip Conversion.

What size supply line should I be using?

The size of your supply line should be determined by the amount of water available* and the amount of usage within the system. 1/2" tubing is sufficient for most uses and can carry 240 GPH (gallons per hour). If a watering zone requires more than 240 GPH, use 3/4" or larger tubing. *Most domestic water systems have at least 240 GPH available.

I have a 2" pipe feeding a watering zone. What size inline electric valve should I use for this part of my system?

Check the total flow of your system. Size the valve by the flow rate of the smallest zone and not necessarily the size of the pipe. Larger valves require higher flow rates, check the flow ratings of the valve before you purchase it and make sure the amount of water you are using in your system is correct for the valve.

Do you offer a design service?

Yes! We offer a design service that will provide you with a complete product quote and detailed installation instructions. Please view further details in the link below.