Extend your growing season, save water and help keep crops free of diseases. Ideal for vegetables, small fruit, such as strawberries, cut flowers and more.
- Frames are manufactured from our USA-made, triple-galvanized structural steel tubing.
- Made from strong copolymer resin, with tri-layer construction and UV additives. This film offers 92% light transmission and comes with a 4 year warranty.
- Triple-zippered end panels are 10 oz., 22 mil premium rip-stop translucent fabric and come complete with fabric clips for attaching.
- Four-sided ventilation is easy. Roll-Up Sides feature our exclusive "Twist-of-the-Wrist" Roll-Up Assembly.
- Heavy-duty ground posts are included.
The US Department of Agriculture has started a High Tunnel Pilot Study Program. The US Government may provide funding for a high tunnel pending the approval of your local Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) office. To obtain an application for this funding contact your local NRCS office. To find an office near you view the USDA map.
Actual freight charges apply for all shipments of high tunnels. Shipping will be higher than what is stated during checkout. Call 1-800-522-3747 for a freight quote.
|Width||14 ft||14 ft||20 ft||20 ft||26 ft||30 ft||30 ft|
|Height||10 ft 6 in||10 ft 6 in||12 ft||12 ft||12 ft||12 ft||12 ft|
|Length||24 ft||36 ft||24 ft||48 ft||96 ft||72 ft||96 ft|
|Weight||548 lbs||689 lbs||802 lbs||1302 lbs||2807 lbs||2861 lbs||3135 lbs|
|Pipe Diameter||1.315 in||1.315 in||1.66 in||1.66 in||1.66 in||1.90 in||1.90 in|
|Number of Purlins||1||1||3||3||5||5||5|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a High Tunnel?
High tunnels are hoop houses covered with greenhouse film or woven polyethylene fabric that will help increase crop yields and extend the growing season. Farmers use high tunnels to grow many different types of crops, including strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, beets, carrots, cucumbers, eggplants, peppers, radishes, squash and herbs, as well as roses and a variety of flowers.
What covering do you suggest?
The ClearSpan suggested greenhouse film for high tunnels is Sun Master® 6 mil 4 year clear film, made from strong copolymer resin for strength and durability. Sun Master® Greenhouse Film contains anti-dust additives that repel dirt and dust to allow for 92% light transmission.
How are High Tunnels ventilated?
Tunnel ventilation is very simple and is one of the advantages of a high tunnel over a greenhouse. Temperatures in the high tunnel can be monitored by adjusting the sides, end doors, and peak vents. Sides can be rolled up and doors can be opened fully or partially, depending on the ambient temperature. Frequently, growers will leave their high tunnels rolled up day and night in the summer, but close them at night during the spring and fall to protect plants from cold weather or potential frost.
Does the High Tunnel need to be anchored?
Since plants grown in a high tunnel are typically established in the ground, high tunnels are usually anchored in soil. Ground posts are driven into the ground about every two feet. Setting posts in concrete is recommended.
What are the shipping charges?
Shipping charges are based on the "ship to" address and size/weight of products. To receive a quick estimate for shipping call 800.522.3747.
Can I arrange a specific time and date for delivery?
Your order cannot be scheduled to arrive at a specific time of day. Oversized items will typically ship via freight truck. Your Pro number will be emailed to you upon shipping.
Is the freight truck driver responsible for unloading the merchandise?
No, freight truck companies do not require their drivers to unload shipments. We publish terms for freight deliveries during the ordering process as well as in your order confirmation email.
As a reminder:
- Your delivery address must be capable of accepting a freight truck.
- Someone will need to be present to sign for the delivery.
- The driver will move your order to the rear of the truck. You will have to unload from there.
- In the unlikely event of any damage or shortage to your order, please note it on the freight bill and accept the delivery. Contact our customer service department and they will promptly take care of any issues.
- Any charges for redelivery or refusal of the shipment will be your responsibility.