How to Use Your Analyzer to Measure Fertility
- Remove the top 2" of the soil. Break up and crumble the soil underneath to a total depth of 5"
- Thoroughly wet the soil with water (ideally rain or distilled water) to a mud consistency
- Wipe the meter probes clean with a tissue or paper towel
- Move the switch to the first (top) position
- Insert the probes into the soil to within 1" of the casing. Allow approximately 10 seconds for the reading to stabilize
- Record the reading. Remove the probes from the soil and clean thoroughly