Works but Hard to Set Up
After spending the day replacing another brand battery/timer valve combo with this model, I finally got it to work. For ability to take higher-pressure flows, it probably deserves a higher score than this. However, the teeny-tiny manual was hard to read, and in print a couple of the buttons look similar. I could not get the thing to go into "manual" using the controller in order to test the system once assembled. It kept showing "rAin". Finally, I came back to the house, found the manual online and searched the word "rain" on the enlarged .pdf downloaded manual. Turns out the controller was in suspension mode. Probably something I did due to inability to read the little manual in the box. Also, neither the controller nor the valve came with the plastic covers for connecting the controller wires to the solenoid wires shown in the installation diagram. I bought some waterproof connectors at the hardware store. NO 9-volt, (and it must be an) ALKALINE battery included, either. Also, make sure you have the male threaded/barbed drip tubing adapters for the 3/4 or 1" inlet/outlets on the valve. It would be nice if the DripWorks website walked you through shopping for complicated purchases like this. After two trips to the hardware store and a day of fiddling around, wahoo! I have a (hopefully) robust battery timer to supply water to remote drip lines. I prefer Orbit timers, which are a lot simpler to use, but sadly the Orbit controller/inline valve I used was unable to operate under the higher pressure of the particular water supply for this field.